Three awards (First, Second and Third place) will be made for original and previously unpublished ‘ecopoems’ in English (or any dialect of English). Poets may submit as many poems as they wish but each poem must not be more than 54 lines in length. Each individual poet is able to win only one award (in order that the Prize may recognise as many poets as possible). When the judging is complete, all poems will be shredded and recycled.
· Poems that have won or which are under consideration in other competitions are not eligible, nor poems which are translations of another author’s work.
· Poems do not need to address a specific theme, but to be eligible a poems will in some way – thematically, structurally, linguistically or formally – investigate the interrelationship between human culture and the natural world.
· A poem’s spoken quality – its suitability for being read and recorded aloud – will form part of the judging criteria. The three winning poets will be expected to read their poems for use on radio and for recording and download.
· Copyright remains with the author, but the Resurgence Poetry Prize reserves the right to publish free of charge the winning and commended poems in any format whatsoever for up to one year from the closing of entries and to retain ownership and commercial rights of the recording of the poem by the author as set out above in perpetuity.
· The judges will read all eligible poems; their decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the results.
· Poems may be submitted electronically or by post. All documents must consist of typed, single-spaced A4 pages, and must NOT bear the name of the author or any means of identifying the author.
· Postal and online entries: if entering by post, poems must be accompanied by a completed application form displaying clearly the titles of all the poems submitted together with the name, address and other contact details of the author. For online entries, these required details will be provided by the online payment system.
· Poems must also be accompanied by payment as specified in the entry instructions. Unpaid for poems will not be considered by the judges.
· Online entries and payments will be acknowledged by email. Postal entries will only be acknowledged by return of a SAE submitted at the time of entry.
· At their absolute discretion, the Resurgence Poetry Prize organisers reserve the right to return poems and their corresponding entry fees without the poems being considered.